Monday 14 May 2012

Finished Project: Red Obi Belt

I've been really naughty about blogging this year and I have fallen behind on my posts.  Don't worry though I have given myself a firm telling off and promised I won't do it again.  What this does mean is that I've made lots of lovely things to talk about, starting with this...




















I made this belt when I had a sudden urge for a quick sewing project.  I love the labour of a corset but sometimes it's nice to make something that you can whip up in an hour!




















I happened to have red habutae silk on hand and it works well enough but I think it would be better in a richer/deeper colour.

1 comment:

  1. I have been working on a ninja costume for a while so I have to ask you: How do you tie the belt up like that? It always bunches in places for me.

    ReplyDelete