Wednesday 23 May 2012

Finished Project: Dusky Pink Gown

Recently I was invited to a murder mystery evening which was so much fun.  A few weeks before we were given a costume brief and mine was to be a socialite who should wear a full ballgown.  I couldn't find anything in the local charity shops so naturally came to the conclusion that two weeks is plenty of time to design and make a gown from scratch!!!




















Luckily I had this fabric in my stash, it's lovely pink chiffon and I used black satin that I had lurking around for the underdress/lining.




















I just about got the thing sewn in time and then realised I had just enough fabric left over to make a sash to tie around the waist.  It's funny how last minute ideas like that can really complete a project in a way that surprises you.




















These photos were taken the day after the murder mystery, when the British weather decided to behave itself  for once and the blossoms were at their prettiest.  Good timing all round!!

No comments:

Post a Comment