Friday 27 April 2012

Friday Eye Candy: Mary Katrantzou Autumn/Winter 2010

I love looking at high end fashion, it's a source of inspiration but it's very rare for me to see something that I would ever consider purchasing.  Like the majority of people I'm happy carving out my personal style from whatever takes my fancy on the high street.  These dresses by Mary Katrantzou are the exception, I adore them, they tick every box.  Bold and refreshing, feminine and demure and above all deliciously quirky.
 A piece inspired by the 'Portrait of Marquise de Pompadour' 1759 by Francois Boucher





















Even more amazingly she has found ways of transfering these rich works of art onto knit fabrics, enabling her to be even more versatile with her collections.

Yep, I'm in love....

No comments:

Post a Comment