Tuesday 1 March 2011

My Favourite Oscar Dresses

I was really looking forward to seeing what was worn by hollywoods finest on the red carpet but it wasn't as spectacular as I might have hoped.  I think a lot of stars played it safe this year and did what was expected rather than pushing boundaries which is a shame.  Pale and nude colours were a big favourite, to the point were it bordered on bland.  Anyone who chose to wear bright colour really stood out and looked all the better for it.  Having said that my best dressed of the night was pale toned.....




















Personally I love this Givenchy dress on Cate Blanchett although it seems to have made as many worst dressed lists as best. I think it was a brave choice, something a little bit different and an interesting, original design.




















My second favourite couldn't be more different.  Camilla Alves in this black Kaufman Franco gown looked stunning.  It's such a pretty and flattering design - I adore the way the skirts fall from the waistband.  I might have to have a go at making this!




















Sandra Bullock in a red Vera Wang creation.  the construction and cut of this dress won me over instantly.  It's immaculate.




















A pregnant Natalie Portman looking downright gorgeous.  Dressing to accommodate her bump must have been no small feat, of course, having a gown made by Rodart (the ladies who designed the costumes for Black Swan) helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment