Thursday, 1 July 2010

Tudor Hiproll

My 'Mary Boleyn dress' needs a moderately sized hiproll to give it the correct silhouette. After a bit of research I decided to aim for the size commonly seen around the 1560s. I cut my pattern for this by first drawing a circle with a circumference measuring the same as my waist. From here I drafted in the shape of the hiproll, it's 3.5 inches wide narrowing to 2 inches at the ends. I also flattened the circle to an oval shape to better fit my figure.

Then I traced off a copy of the pattern and added seam allowance. Once cut out it's ready to lay on fabric.

This is how it's looking so far, i've bagged out the edges leaving one end open for stuffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment